Lately, I have been thinking that certain music genres correspond to the design, philosophy, practice and perception of certain programming languages. Let me know if you (dis)agree with me.
- Pop is Java and .NET
- Jazz is C and C++
- Hip-Hop is PHP and Ruby on Rails
- Electronica/Trance is Prolog, Lisp and other functional languages
- Nursery Rhymes is Visual Basic
- Classical is Fortran, Cobol and Assembly
- World Music/Fusion is Clojure, Jython, etc.
- Rock is definitely Python and Ruby
Have I missed any major genres and programming languages?