The leading scientist in the field of Microbial Intelligence is Eschel Ben-Jacob. His site contains excellent resources for this field such as:
* Bacteria Harnessing Complexity
* Meaning-Based Natural Intelligence Vs. Information-Based Artificial Intelligence
* Bacterial Linguistic Communication and Social Intelligence.
* Bacterial Self-Organization: Co-Enhancement of Complexification and Adaptability in a Dynamic Environment.
* Bacterial Wisdom, Godel’s Theorem and Creative Genomic Webs.
Check out his homepage at: http://star.tau.ac.il/~eshel/bacterial_linguistic.html